Friday, April 08, 2005

An introduction

Ok, I plan to use this blog to communicate my life as a profesor at the University of Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Mexico. I am a Gringo, working in Mexico, with a Mexican wife (Ana) who also works at the University. I have two kids (Ricardo and Adelina), 6 and 8 years old. I do research in open source software and software to control things. Probably no suprise that all of my control software is open source software. My biggest project is a control system for the light rail system that could save the Mexican government in the range of millions of dollars, but it is also fun. Stay tuned for a riveting story about how things progress. So, I will be talking about my control projects, open source software and why it is good for Mexico, and of course my life in the University. I'll try to mix in a few stories about life on the street here and there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home